Oh, snap! Not more interracial dating!
And between a white man and a black woman! Awww, man!
Just when we thought the home of apartheid had (somehow) conquered extreme racism and prejudice, and had balanced its system of governing to be more fair and equal, we find this story of South Africans going crazy over a harmless poster of an attractive interracial couple embracing.
What’s the big deal? Well, if you’re racist and live in South Africa and are accustomed to privilege, you ain’t going to take too kindly to such a poster, are you?
Personally, (although I am obviously biased) the poster looks pretty smokin’ to me. It should be in every subway and at every bus depot in America. If that were the case, maybe there’d be more interracial dating between white men and black women. But anyway….
Here are some links to stories of (at least some) South Africans going bonkers over this poster:
- South Africans Are Not Okay With Interracial Poster Couple [Racism] (jezebel.com)
- Interracial ad draws controversy (newblackwoman.com)
- Interracial poster in South Africa sparks heated debate (dailymail.co.uk)
- South Africa DASO Controversial Nude Interracial Ad Campaign | The Gay Version (oblogdeeoblogda.wordpress.com)
- South African interracial poster stirs debate (content.usatoday.com)