For some reason Herman Cain saying “Excuse me! Excuse me!” strikes me as funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EykRSKVKr3A), and I can’t get it out of my cerebral cortex or deduce what about it strikes me as so amusing; if not perhaps for the fact that a legitimate Presidential contender (or so we’re told, according to polls) is behaving in such a manner and speaking in such an entitled and obviously angry tone.
Herman Cain‘s been a busy Presidential candidate lately, although I’m sure in ways his handlers and staffers wish they did not have to confront, that is in the arena of multiple sexual harassment allegations.
As most readers know, Cain’s had four accusers so far, and number four has gone public, and number two has gone public as of today as well.
Cain has said repeatedly that he never engaged in sexual harassment or behavior that could approach sexual harassment. Then he later recalled that he had told a woman, sexual harassment accuser number two, apparently standing under his chin, that she was the same height as his wife. What this has to do with working in a professional environment is anyone’s guess. But….
Now in one of the most current news stories on Herman Cain’s ongoing parade of accusers, Mr. Cain said that he did not recall nor recognize accuser number four either, although he felt confident that she was a plant from the “Democratic machine” that is out to get him. That link is here: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/herman-cain-democrat-machine/story?id=14907611#.Trm_j3KwV6Q.
Then, apparently, later on in that same day, Mr. Cain asserted that he would take a lie detector test to prove that he can’t recall accuser number four, Sharon Bialek, here at this link (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57320946-503544/herman-cain-id-take-lie-detector-test-to-rebut-sharon-bialek-claims/),
but he then added for good measure, “But I’m not going to do that unless I have a good reason to do that. Of course I would be willing to do a lie detector test.”
How can his “ship of state” continue to sail, seriously, after all these allegations? Even if you believe that one or two accusers are paid staffers or actresses or deluded somehow, can all four be just “out to get” this candidate? In my opinion, Cain’s well-paid handlers and messaging massagers should have told Cain to simply acknowledge a prior lifestyle and behavior that has since been outgrown as a result of a serious commitment to fidelity, counseling, and upholding proud American values. The fact that they didn’t tell him to do this, and just keep refusing to acknowledge anything, and then let him slip out “explanations,” show a profound lack of campaign organization and unity, in my humble widdle estimation.
But that’s just me.
- Sharon Bialek seeks Herman Cain out at Tea Party Meeting (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Herman Cain Press Conference: Sharon Bialek Allegations Addressed By Candidate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sharon Bialek Accuses Herman Cain of Groping Her in 1997 (shoppingblog.com)
- Herman Cain: Accuser Sharon Bialek is a Liar (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Sharon Bialek: Will Herman Cain Accuser Derail Republican’s Presidential Bid? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Sharon Bialek Accuses Herman Cain of Sexual Assault (inquisitr.com)
- Sharon Bialek: Herman Cain Not Fit for President ‘Until He Tells the Truth’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Herman Cain press conference on sexual harassment accusations (dailykos.com)
- Cain v. Bialek (oneway2day.wordpress.com)
- Sharon Bialek and Herman Cain’s Other Accusers (evelyngarone.wordpress.com)
- Sharon Bialek: Herman Cain Tried to Grab My Junk! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Hermain Cain Accuser Sharon Bialek Claims Sexual Harrassment Video (binsidetv.net)
- Meet the Woman Who Got $45,000 Because Herman Cain Sexually Harassed Her [Herman Cain] (gawker.com)
- And Then There Were Five Herman Cain Accusers [Herman Cain] (gawker.com)
- Herman Cain: Who Among Us Hasn’t Been Accused Of Harassing The Ladies? [Politics] (jezebel.com)
- Now There Are Five Herman Cain Accusers [Herman Cain] (gawker.com)
- Herman Cain Accuser Holds a News Conference (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Tonight on AC360: First Herman Cain accuser identified (ac360.blogs.cnn.com)
- A Pluraity Think Media Has Been Fair To Herman Cain (huffingtonpost.com)
- Herman Cain Says He Doesn’t Know His Accuser (usnews.com)
- Despite Ratings Drop, Herman Cain Remains Top For GOP Primary (huffingtonpost.com)
- New Herman Cain Harassment Allegations Coming (outsidethebeltway.com)