Well, it looks as though mainstream media can only ignore the topic of interracial marriages for so long…so at least we’re tossed an interracial family or “romcom” sitcom from Alex Herschlag/Ellen DeGeneres.
On the matter of Ellen…I want to like her. I really do. I just don’t get her. Would she be as successful if she were not blonde and blue-eyed? A blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman who dances and tells bad jokes. Fine. I just wish she were a little bit more funny and more cutting-edge like Margaret Cho, Aisha Tyler, or so many others. But maybe that middle of the road approach is what’s working for her. Ho-hum.
The sitcom is supposed to be about a Jewish–Chinese couple and their home life and relationships. Obviously, Ms. Cho ought to be involved in this one at least in some capacity, but not likely since Ellen’s already has it.
But I’ll take an interracial sitcom that has the potential to be good over another bland-as-beige one any time.
Here’s the link to the article if you’d like to learn more about the upcoming interracial family sitcom:
- Which Ethnic Groups are Most Accepting of Interracial Marriages? (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Interracial Marriages: Success or Bust? (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Book on Interracial Marriage Continues to Confound (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Is Interracial Marriage The Solution For Unwed Black Women?! (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Interracial Data Tables (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Should Black Women Date White Men? Um-duh, Hello! (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Charting the Children Structures on Television Family Sitcoms (laughingsquid.com)
- USA TODAY Poll Respondents Chart Racial Progress Since MLK (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Interracial Dating-AskMen.com (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Interracial Crimes Can’t Be Colorblind (interrace.wordpress.com)
- Is it proven that interracial marriage benefits children (wiki.answers.com)
- The Challenges of Interracial Marriage on Gossiping Heifers (str8media.wordpress.com)
- ABC Picks Up Ellen Degeneres Produced Sitcom (lezgetreal.com)
- ABC Picks Up Ellen Degeneres Produced Sitcom (pinkbananaworld.com)