Wikipedia has a page listed that details (at least some) interracial romance films. How accurate or complete is this list? How good are these movies? I can’t say. Certainly I only attest to the quality of the films that I’ve actually seen.
I tried to give Gabrielle Union (who used to work as a shoe store clerk before hitting the big time) the benefit of the doubt and watch “Neo Ned,” but the premise of a white skinhead guy falling in love with a sistah who believes she is the risen reincarnation of Hitler who meet and fall madly in love while in an insane asylum was a bit much to swallow, much less get excited about. I call it the “ho-hum” effect.
I love Samuel L. Jackson’s films, but could I honestly call “Lakeview Terrace” an interracial romance film? Hardly. It’ s more of a racist maniac-cop-terrorizes-stable- interracial-couple movie, than a pleasant romcom. And he doesn’t even yell “motherf***er” once.
Meanwhile, the already-dated “Something New,” (starring Sanaa Lathan and the Australian “hunkey” guy from “The Mentalist” TV show), had talented actors, occasionally clever scripting, attractive locales and a decent script, (although, yes, the ending was a bit hokey).
Let us know what you think of this list. Perhaps we can compile a more comprehensive list, and add some sort of review system to it as well.
Here’s a link:
- Is it proven that interracial marriage benefits children (wiki.answers.com)
- Huffington Post: ‘Is There Temptation for Fathers of Interracial Daughters?’ [Race] (gawker.com)
- Interracial Love Advice: Kissing Outside The Lines [VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)
- Why America’s White Porn Actresses Were Warned to Avoid Black Males on Screen (socyberty.com)
- the return of the 99 cent deal (interracial romance ebooks) (iamlenise.wordpress.com)
- The BJU Interracial Dating Ban… In Print (patheos.com)
- Online Dating Tips – Interracial Online Dating Prospects (lesbiandatingsights.wordpress.com)
- 16% of White Evangelical Christians Oppose Interracial Marriage (friendlyatheist.com)
- Candid Conversation on interracial love- A black woman’s story Pt. 1 (goodnitelove.com)
- 10 Tips for Your Interracial Wedding (blogher.com)