Well, you can very well expect Michelle Obama to say anything publicly about the trend of black men leaving black women en masse, can you? So, it’s nice that at least LadyBoss, (God Bless her) is going it alone in defending black women as beautiful, worthy, and deserving of love; in a culture still steeped in institutionalized racism.
Much of this current blogging is a result of Michael Jordan announcing his engagement to Cuban model (who looks like she could be half his age or less) Yvette Prieto. Yes, Jordan is old enough to be somebody’s gramps (and we’re sure he is gramps to several kids running around out there by now), but Prieto can pretty much bank the Brinks truck up to her back door now and will certainly never have to worry about every having to work again.
And it’s yet another high-profile black man turning his back on black women in general and choosing to marry “outside his race,” while statistically black women may or may not even know it’s happening. (And of course they know it’s happening. I’m referring to statistics that were cited by Ralph Richard Banks and others repeatedly that black women can date outside their race or sit around and wait for their fantasy man who either ain’t coming or wants to date some white chicks first before calling them).
Yeah, Jordan ain’t all that, but he was once a great athlete and he’s worth enough moola to make him still a major heavyweight in celebrity terms, so for all the kids who idolize him and for anyone looking up to him, he’s irregardless sending a not-too-subtle message that he prefers non-black women.
So, kudos to LadyBoss for having the guts to say Jordan can have a New York salute and that black women still got it going on:
- I have always been a Michael Jordan fan until now. (str8media.wordpress.com)
- Michael Jordan to get married again (probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Michael Jordan Engaged: Yvette Prieto, Model, Says Yes To Bulls Legend (huffingtonpost.com)
- Q&A: OK best web site for a white guy too find and date black women? (datingrulez.com)
- Phenomenal Black Women doing Phenomenal Things–Part I (psychologytoday.com)
- Michael Jordan Is Getting Married Again! (thenewx1023.radio.com)